Dr. Barbara Ann Barone earned a doctoral degree in clinical psychology from Carlos Albizu University in Miami, Florida in 2010. A skilled child and family psychotherapist, she uses her extensive knowledge of child development to increase parents’ ability to successfully manage their children’s behavior issues. Dr. Barone guides parents regarding problems they face due to divorce, step-parenting issues, blended and non-traditional families.
In addition to providing expert psychological treatment, Dr. Barone is trained to administer educational and learning evaluations for gifted/special education school placement. She is skilled in conducting psychological, neuropsychological, and personality evaluations for both adults and adolescents.
Dr. Barone completed a doctoral internship in a forensic psychiatric facility. As a member of APA Division 41, the American Psychology-Law Society, she adheres to the Specialty Guidelines for Forensic Psychologists developed by the American Psychological Association.
- Florida Licensed Psychologist (PY 8629)
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, Carlos Albizu University, Miami, Florida
- Master of Social Work, Florida International University, Miami, Florida
- Florida Licensed Clinical Social Worker (SW 6036)
- Master of Education, Rutgers University, New Brunswick. New Jersey
- Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, Rutgers University, New Brunswick. New Jersey